I’m (and I’ve been) involved in several projects at regional, national, and european level. For an overview, please visit this page. I’m part of the Social Computing group at the dept. of Computer Science. I’m part of the Big Data Lab named Despina at the dept. of Economics.
Since 2008 I’m publishing each year papers in different areas. I had the opportunity (and the luck) of working with great researchers both in academic and in business contexts, in different countries around the world. See this page for a complete list of publications. In general, these are my main research interests:
- Data Mining
I’m generally devoted to the extraction of knowledge from data by means of data mining techniques.
- Computational Linguistics
I’m interested in the understanding of the meaning of words and sentences through cognitive, linguistic and statistical analyses.
- Legal Informatics
I used to apply many of the developed NLP techniques to legal text and ontologies.
- Visualization and Human Interaction
I’m fascinated by thinking at intelligent ways of visualizing information through compression, filtering, and interaction strategies.
- Analysis of Collaborative Networks
I love analyzing co-authorship patterns to find scientific dependences between authors in scientific communities. Please take a look at the D-Index online tool!
- Social Media Mining
I used to apply data mining techniques to social media contents. I’m one of the organizers of an international workshop called “Sideways” (see this page for the current edition, which will be held in conjunction with the LREC-2016 conference).
Innovation & Awards
I’m interested in participating at calls for innovation in the Smart Cities context. At the moment,
- I’m part of the team that won two 1-million projects for the Social Innovation and Smart Cities national contest (25 winning projects out of 400). The project where I’m Principal Investigator is called EasyTown. Please see the projects page for more information. –> link
- I won a national contest for innovative ideas called Working Capital organized by Telecom Italia (only 20 out of more than 1000 projects were selected) with the project “KnowYouAll”. –> link
I’ve been awarded with a regional “Best ICT Thesis” prize after taking my Master degree. –> link